09 April 2022

Wildflowers of the Midwest

Timber Press has worked with botanists around the United States to develop their wildflower guide series.  Prior guides include Wildflowers of the Atlantic Southeast, Wildflowers of Texas, Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest, Wildflowers of the Rocky Mountain Region, and Wildflowers of New England.

In 2019, Michael Homoya asked me if I would be interested in co-authoring the latest part of this series, Wildflowers of the Midwest.  How could I say no to this opportunity?  I talked it over with Lindsay, knowing that I was already extremely busy, but she encouraged me to go for it, as opportunities like this don't come around very often.  

Working on this guide, which covers herbaceous plants (minus ferns and graminoids) in the eight-state Midwest region (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin), occupied nearly all of my time on weekends and weeknights after work for over two years.  I am happy to announce that the guide is now available for purchase from the publisher (https://www.workman.com/products/wildflowers-of-the-midwest/paperback) as well as at various other book vendors.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pete Grube said...

Quite an accomplishment, authoring two books in a few shorts years. I am looking forward to pouring through both of them.

Scott Namestnik said...

Thank you, Pete... it was a busy few years, for sure. Thanks for use of your photos in this one!