17 April 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

On April 16, I turned 30! One of the birthday gifts I enjoyed the most was a 70-degree day. With such beautiful weather, Bootypants and I had to go to Potato Creek for a hike. As you can see, the idea of the park always brings a smile to Booty's face.
Trail 4 is our favorite trail and we have been to the park a few times already this year to walk the trail. Many of the wildflowers that we had previously seen on Trail 4 were now flowering. Bloodroot was seen in multiple places along the 2.4 mile trail.
We also saw Yellow Trout Lily (one of my favorites).
Our good friend Mute Swan was also enjoying the beautiful weather (though he didn't have much to say).
This was the first time I had seen False Rue Anemone flowering this year.
Dutchman's Breeches was also flowering, though we only found it in one spot on the trail.
We also saw Downy Yellow Violet in flower.
Overall, it was a great hike. We got to see many plants, heard lots of birds, and really enjoyed a beautiful afternoon outdoors. In an attempt to capture the scenery and my favorite birthday companion I got this award winning photo. Can you guess who is having a great time and who is just humoring me?

3 comments:

Justin R. Thomas said...

Congrats on the big 3-0, Lindsay! They say 30 is the new 20. I'm not sure what they mean, but they say it. Nice plant pics, too! It is nice to see that Scott doesn't have a monopoly on the plants at Potato Creek.

Lindsay Namestnik said...

Justin,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've been practicing my photography and especially using the macro feature. Oh, and just to make it clear, I OWN Potato Creek.

Bradford Slaughter said...

Happy belated birthday, Lindsay! You beat me to 30 by a few months...